Monday, July 11, 2005

I thought it was SUMMER!

Oh my goodness, the weather around here is just sucking so bad. Warm and sunny one minute, torrential rain the next, and a lot of dark, grey clouds in between. All these weather changes are making me really sleepy and lethargic, which not conducive to either knitting or finishing my thesis. Thank goodness for caffeine. Without it I swear I would just loll in bed for hours at a time, trying to will myself to get up and do something!!

I took this past weekend off from work and instead decided to knit up a storm. Last week, I was surfing on crafster.org and came upon this thread. I'd looked at the sweater pattern in question before and thought that it might be nice, but after reading that post and rifling through my own Value Village recycle-bound sweater collection, I just had to make it! The yarn I chose was a orange 70% lambswool/30% acrylic mix that's exactly the same colour as in the original pattern. I doubled up the yarn, and *pouf*... I had gauge! So many episodes of Star Trek TNG later, I now have the body and most of one sleeve done. I'm HOPING that I'll be done soon.. I'm just itching to have my first full sweater done!!!

Of course, I haven't forgotten about my ribby cardi! I'm about 3 inches up the second sleeve, so completion is near as well! If this weather keeps up, I'll actually be WEARING my wool cardis instead of putting them in the closet for fall. *sigh* We've had a few extremely nice summers here, I was hoping for another, but it doesn't seem to be turning out that way.

Comments on "I thought it was SUMMER!"

 

Blogger Nadia said ... (5:47 a.m.) : 

In response to your MLP comment, here is Susan's other blog, her pony one:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/customs_guild/

She has made a lot more customs that she hasn't even posted yet!

 

post a comment