Frogged!!!
Well, I tried on my cardigan and decided that the sleeves were just too wide for my little arms. The thing fit perfectly around my chest, but I guess the ratio between body stitches and sleeve stitches wasn't right for me. So I whipped out my wool winder and frogged the whole thing. It actually felt good though... I needed the emotional release due to some unexpected news. It was either a stiff drink or unraveling a sweater... I think I made the right choice!!! :-) So here's my sweater post-frogging:![]() So out of the ashes of the cardigan rose the back of the ribby cardi from chicknits.... ![]() I think I'm going to make the sleeves out of an off-white/natural colour of Patons Classic Wool that I ordered from Herrschners. Should look good. Damn, it's really chilly today - it's supposed to be JUNE, not March. I could use a nice warm cardigan today. Although I should probably put some socks on before I complain too much!!! In non-sweater-knitting news, I started making My So Called Scarf with some Red Heart Camouflage that I've had in my stash for a while. I wasn't sure how the colours would come together in pattern, and they seem to pool a bit, but I've decided I like it better than if the distribution was more even. I think it's way more interesting this way, but without too much pooling. I was surprised at how plush the fabric actually is, and at how soft this acrylic actually is... not bad for an impulse WalMart purchase. Besides, it'll be perfect as a spring/fall scarf when I still wear lighter shirts and tend to wear my scarf right against my skin. Wool is sometimes just a bit too itchy for my exposed skin, so this will be a nice alternative to my fleece scarves that I usually wear. Here's my scarf so far: ![]() I'm also excited about my Phildar magazines that came in the mail last week. The crochet one is entirely in French, but that's OK since I speak a bit of it. There are a few bits of crochet terminology that I need to look up, but other than that, I should be just fine to read the patterns. With the knitting mag, I've noticed that the English instructions are written out in a lot more detail than the French ones, which is kind of interesting. In any case, there are a lot of fairly simply-shaped sweater patterns that I actually want to make, so now it's just a matter of deciding where to start and then finding some (relatively) inexpensive yarn substitutions that will work within my summer budget!!! ![]() Now if only I could find some way to get my thesis to write itself so I had more time to knit (and sleep)! |









Comments on "Frogged!!!"
-
Nadia said ... (3:36 p.m.) :
post a commentWhat *is* with this weather? I wore wool/cotton today!
I love acrylic for scarfs too, since it's cheap, colourful and doesn't make you smell like a wet sheep when it rains!