Summer ... flying... by...
| Oh my goodness, where has the time gone?? School's out for the summer, which means that my lovely mall will now be populated with obnoxious teenagers that somehow have obscenely large amounts of spending money that I just don't have. You know, I love teenagers as much as the next person (ok, maybe more since I actually enjoy teaching the buggers), but I just can't stand them at the mall with their hoochie outfits (what's WITH all those freakin' pregnancy tops??? I mean really, if I was 16 and had the flat stomach I had then I most CERTAINLY wouldn't be hiding it with some god-awful drapey fabric. Blech.) Anyways, enough whining... it's almost July sidewalk sale season, which means I'll hopefully find a few summery skirts and some capris and of course some hot shoes to go with. LOL maybe I should clean out my closet first and get rid of some stuff first.... must uphold my self-instituted buy-one-get-rid-of-one clause. It's really the only way I can keep my closet under control!!! The thesis is just dragging on. I've done all the analysis, now I'm trying to write it all up, and I'm having a really hard time. What to discuss? What to gloss over? Arrrrghhh... I'm so never going back to school when this is done!!! yada, yada, yada, it's been a good learning experience, yada, yada, yada, I have so much more knowledge in my field... dunno, some days I wonder whether three years of doing way too much work and not having nearly enough fun was worth it... I mean, my mid-20s aren't coming back anytime soon! Well, I'm just going to have to make years 25-30 particularly fabulous to compensate for the last few years!!! I seem to have somehow reduced the number of knitting projects that I have going on. I just finished a boobholder in some grey Paton's Classic Wool that I had leftover from my Ribby Cardi. I de-poofed the sleeves, and omitted the trim, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! (I'll take a picture later and post it). It was such a quick knit and it's so WARM but not overly so, which is perfect for a summer cover-up. I already know that I need more of these, but maybe with a few modifications like longer sleeves, maybe a few extra inches in length with a second button? I was also thinking of maybe just continuing the increases in the front and making more of a wrap top. Lots of things I could do. I think next time I'll add a few stitches to the front panel so it covers my chest a little more. Might make the difference between work-appropriate and, well, not so much. The shapely tank is coming along too. I'm just a few rows below where you bind off the stitches for the center of the neck, so hopefully I'll get the front done soon. Ya, stockinette can get a little boring, but what the hey, I'll probably actually wear the damn thing when it's done! Besides, the yellow just makes me HAPPY! :-) Hmm.. I wonder if my digicam batteries are charged. I'm so terrible with keeping all these gadgets powered up... |





Comments on "Summer ... flying... by..."
post a comment