Frustration slowly verging on despair.
| Thesis not going so well. I'm just so overwhelmed by the whole thing and it feels like I've been treading water for months now. It seems like I'm really close to finishing, but then there's some small setback. Again and again and again. Very frustrating. Oh well, at least my cardigan is going well. I'm now about 2 inches below the bottom of the armhole, so it's starting to really look like something wearable! ![]() Of course, now I'm on the really boring part which is just back and forth, but at least it's mindless so it's perfect for in front of the TV. And of course, I can't work on a project without thinking about the next one, so I decided to make another cardigan with my stash of Bernat Satin that I bought a couple weeks ago. But instead of a plain stockinette stitch, I wanted to find some kind of subtle all-over texture. I leafed through my stitch dictionary, and I found this "cable fabric" pattern that was super easy, and swatched up nicely in the Satin: ![]() The picture isn't the best, but oh well!!! After I took the picture I continued on with my swatch to see what 1x1 ribbing would look like on top of the cabling. Since the cables gather in the fabric quite a bit, I k2tog or p2tog every 3 sts, and the resulting ribbing was perfect. Now I just have to decide exactly how I'm going to shape the cardi (maybe more of a v-neck than the current one) and I'll have my next project all planned out. But I CAN'T start until the grey cardi is DONE!!!! Now back to my frustration. I will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO relieved when this is all OVER!!!! |







Comments on "Frustration slowly verging on despair."
post a comment