I can see the light...
| ... at the end of the proverbial tunnel, that is. My defense date has finally been set for the first week of August, which means that I'm almost done... almost... First of all, I'm going to put up a picture of last night's dinner, just because it was the first time in about two weeks that I actually cooked dinner. It's a polenta casserole with black beans, corn, green chilies, hot salsa, cilantro, and some Santa Fe marinated chicken I found at Save-On Foods. Oh and cheddar cheese. Gotta have the cheddar!!! ![]() That was one TASTY dinner. I can't wait for round 2 tonight! Alright, knitting progress: I've finished knitting my second Ruffled Shrug, this time in black Patons Classic Wool for my sister. I noticed that the black wool felt a bit scratchier and, for lack of a better word, soapier than the other colours I've used, so I washed the shrug with some conditioner and carefully laid it out to dry. I'll put up a picture when it's all done. After binding off the shrug, I finally had my trusty 4.5 mm Boye straights back, so I could start the sleeves of my Ribby Cardi (can't WAIT to have this one done!) Not much progress, but here it is: ![]() My yellow Shapely Tank is nearing completion.. I have about an inch or so left on the back straps, then time to sew up some seams and finish the neckline. Maybe I'll try to finish that tonight, so I can start something else, maybe some stashbusting bags.... And finally, I love my minisweater so much that I just had to have another. This time in green. I think I'll be making this one longer so that it's more of a cardigan. We'll see! ![]() Oh, new knitting mags: ![]() I've already gone post-it crazy and earmarked the patterns that I'd like to make. Gotta use up some of the tons of recycled yarn that I have. Speaking of which, I disassembled two thrift store sweaters this weekend. One was in a cotton/wool blend that's roughly worsted weight, the other is a bulky acrylic (real soft though). Here's the yarn, looking rather sad in large-ass ziploc baggies: ![]() I still have a garbage bag full of sweaters waiting to be dismantelled and reinvented... no more new yarn until I start using up what I have!!!! (This is what I keep telling myself anyways... ) |










Comments on "I can see the light..."
post a comment