Wow a week has passed!!!
| Ah... I've had 4 days of peace and quiet (and sole control of the remote) as the BF was away for a conference. So of course I spent a *lot* of time watching Star Trek and knitting! So, what have I accomplished?? Well, first off, I finished the back and fronts of my ribby cardi. I'm now waiting for my contrasting off-white colour to arrive from Herrschners. ![]() I'm going to have to some serious blocking to get this to look good, but I'll worry about that later. Like when I have sleeves. Now since summer is here, I thought that it would be good to make something other than a wool cardigan, so I cast on for a Shapely Tank from White Lies Designs in some nice yellow Lion Brand Microspun. So I've gotten past the short row shaping on the bottom (my first experience with those), and I'm now at the smallest part of the waist. I can already see myself making a few more of these, but maybe with some kind of a patterned stitch on them to break up the miles of stockinette. That being said, it's PERFECT to knit while watching TV just as it is. ![]() I also sat down and finally seamed all the pieces of the black vest I'd been working on. I still need to weave in the ends and find me a zipper, but the bloody thing actually looks like a vest now: ![]() Very blurry picture, but I'm too lazy to take another one right now!! This was such a quick knit... double strand of bulky weight yarn will do that! I think I might make me another in wool (and in a brighter colour). It would be nice as another layer under my snowboarding jacket! (Yes, I am thinking about snowboarding in the middle of summer!!!) And lastly, I decided to make the Pam Allen shrug from Interweave Knits. I had some Bernat Satin laying around since I decided against the project I'd originally bought it for, so I swatched until I got the recommended gauge, and three days later, I have my shrug, which is the perfect colour to go with the linen blend skirt I bought the other day. I never thought that I'd actually wear a shrug, but this one is so simply shaped (and yet slightly girly) that I just had to have it! Here's my crappy attempt at self-photography... when I'm not wearing it, the thing just looks like a really skinny scarf with ruffled ends, so I figured a modelled shot was in order. I made some minor modifications to the pattern by changing the ruffle/body stitch ratio to 2:1 from 3:1 (the ruffle was just too much for me as it was), and I cast on a few extra stitches to take into account the different gauge that I got with this yarn. Damn, it's rather comfy... I don't want to take it off!! ![]() So now I only have one knitting project on the go ... which means that I either need to get back to work on my crocheted afghan or find something else to knit! Hmmm... I think it might be time to resurrect one of the vintage sweater patterns that I found in my mum's magazine stash. Or learn to make socks. Or both!!! |









Comments on "Wow a week has passed!!!"
-
Nadia said ... (9:29 a.m.) :
post a commentSocks!