Wednesday, February 01, 2006

SOCKS!!!!!!!

Oh how I love knitted socks. I don't know what I did without them! Fun to knit, funky coloured yarn, plus they're so warm and they fit perfectly!! Can't get enough.!

Well, I managed to finish up two pairs of socks in as many days, so here they are:

Traveler Socks

Image hosting by Photobucket

Pattern: Traveler Sock by d-made

Yarn: Paton's Classic Wool in Dark Natural Mix
Started: Jan. 29, 2006
Finished: Feb. 1, 2006

Changes: I used my regular "Easy Toe" instead of the short row toe. Other than that, I made the pattern as written.

Comments: Great stashbuster for worsted wool. And dang are these things ever WARM. I don't want to take them off!

Jaywalkers!

Honestly, I'd decided I was going to make these before the Jaywalker craze spread like wildfire over the vast plains of the internet. These were fun.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Pattern: Jaywalker by Grumperina

Yarn: Kool-aid dyed KnitPicks dye-your-own sock yarn (Kool-aid is FUN)

Started: Jan 18, 2006

Finished: Jan 30, 2006

Changes: I went up a needle size and CO 68 sts instead of 76. This gave me a more flexible fabric that actually fit over my heel (a rather essential quality in a sock, n'est-ce pas?)

Comments: What a fun pattern to knit on the bus. Super easy to memorize, but not boring. And it's just different than the usual chevron pattern.

Comments on "SOCKS!!!!!!!"

 

Blogger Coleen said ... (9:42 p.m.) : 

Love love love the pink Koolaid socks! Nice job! Oddly, I am working on the both the travelers and the jaywalkers too.

 

post a comment