I'm out of my mind.
| I really really am. I have lost all sense of reason... Yes. I signed up for Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics . Ok, that in and of itself is no reason to cart me off to an institution. There are lots of projects that would be challenging and yet reasonable to accomplish in two weeks. But no... I picked Rogue. I've really wanted this sweater for a long time, and I've decided that now's the time to go for it. I even have a gift certificate that I got for Christmas (from my boyfriend's mom... yet another crafter) that'll cover the cost of yarn... I think I'll use Paton's Classic Wool, since I'm pretty happy with it... besides, I can't justify buying yarn any other way right now. How the hell I think I'm going to get a sweater with intricate cabling done in two weeks.. while working full time... and being the main cook in the house... is beyond me. I think I'll have to stock up the freezer with casseroles and chilis so the only effort I have to make to put food on the table is to hit the defrost button. Or make something simple like baked fish with couscous and steamed veggies. Hopefully boyfriend will forgive two weeks of less-than-creative cooking. Of course I'm sure he'd be more likely to forgive me if I was actually knitting something for him but come on, the guy's huge (height, not width!)... it'd take me two weeks just to finish a pair of SOCKS for his ginormous feet. Not to mention that I don't have any man-appropriate sock yarn in my stash... but I digress. I am going to go crazy. I have accepted this. In fact, I think I've already started going crazy. I'm actually hoping that I come down with some kind of illness during the Olympics that is bad enough that I can't go to work, but not so bad that it interferes with my knitting. I keep thinking of that episode of Friends where Phoebe licks Monica's mug and steals her dirty kleenex in order to get sick again so she gets her "sexy voice" back... no, I will not stoop that far. I'll just breathe in a little deeper when I'm riding public transit... that'll work. (Although I seem to have some kind of immunity to colds and flus this year... boyfriend's been sick, I didn't get it... everybody I spent New Year's weekend with was sick, I didn't get it... everybody at work got sick before Christmas, I didn't get it... heck I've been riding public transit for over an hour every day... sure I should have gotten at least a cold by now... of course now that I've professed some sort of immunity, I'll be bedridden by tomorrow. Which means I'll be better by the Olympics... DAMN. Ok, scrap that whole intentional illness deal. I'll just ixnay late work nights and drink COPIOUS amounts of coffee... ya, that'll do it! Now as part of my Olympic training (and for my boyfriend's sanity), I've decided that I need to get all my current (and past, abandoned, yet unfinished) projects done. Completely done. Seamed, ends-woven-in done. Except for socks. I can have a pair of socks on the go (not that I'll be working on them during the Olympics, I'll be cabling like a maniac!). So here's the list: 1.) Seam that green baby hoodie and weave in ends. Buy buttons. 2.) Add crochet neckline to Corset Pullover so it doesn't FALL OFF. Weave in ends. 3.) Finish mitered bath mat (I've gotten wise and started weaving in ends as I go so when it's done, it's really DONE) 4.) Reknit bottom half and sleeves of Ballet Pullover. Because I'm a moron and ignored the fact that cotton doesn't have a lot of give. So the bloody thing is a.) too tight and b.) too short to actually wear out of the house. 5.) Non-knitting related but still needs to be done: resew buttons on two coats, hem two pairs of pants 6.) Clean up knitting area and tidy up stash. OK, there's my list. I have until Feb 10th to complete it. And swatch for Rogue. Because once those opening ceremonies start, I'll be knitting at full tilt for two weeks straight... make room for me in the crazy house, because that's where I'll be when I'm done! |





Comments on "I'm out of my mind."
-
xmasberry said ... (11:44 a.m.) :
-
rincaro said ... (3:41 p.m.) :
post a commenti am glad someone else actually wished to get sick, but not too sick! If i could just stay home for a week or two i could really get some stuff done!
I am seriuosly considering entering the olympics as well. But i need a couple weeks to decide if i really am that insane.
Good luck!
I just finished up the actual knitting on Rogue. It's a challenging project, but very satisfying to knit. Well, except for the sleeves of doom. Take my advice - do the sleeves both at the same time.
I still can't decide what my Olympic project will be. But I'll be cheering for you!