Sunday, January 22, 2006

Two WIPs

Well, if you define WIPs as projects that are still on needles, then I have but two:

1.) A mitered rug from a IK pattern (can't remember which issue.. I think it was Spring 2003). I was thinking that it would be nice to have a bath mat (seeing as I have none at the moment), and I had quite a bit of Phentex cotton laying around, so I grabbed one mega ball of white and one mega ball of blue/beige/white blend, and got to it. As of a couple days ago, I had this:



It feels nice and squooshy, and it certainly is a quick knit. Plus, since I'm not doing stripes, I'll have so many less ends to weave in... which is sweet.

2.) The infamous Jaywalker socks, which I am actually about to frog because they're too tight... the bloody things won't fit over my heel!!! I think I'll go up a needle size and see how that works out. I do love the pattern though... :-)



Hopefully, I can get the mat done today, and restart those socks... I mean, what else am I going to do while watching all the football today???

Comments on "Two WIPs"

 

Blogger eve knits said ... (3:14 p.m.) : 

I had the same problem with the size of my jaywalkers. I went up one needle size. =That fixed the problem. The yarn that you are using is soooooo pretty.

Happy Knitting!!
Eve

 

post a comment