Monday, January 23, 2006

Ah... Election Day...

So I went out this morning and actually voted in our federal election for the first time. Done my part, and now the nailbiting begins... Liberal or Conservative? Minority or majority? And what happens to the NDP??? As far as I'm concerned, it almost doesn't matter who wins because I honestly don't believe that either major party is going to do a particularly good job at governing this country. It's being driven into the ground. And I don't like it. It's time we had a leader with some measure of charisma and international presence. We haven't had one since Trudeau. No, I don't agree with a lot of the decisions that he made, but at least he MADE those decisions with CONVICTION. And he was a WORLD leader, ie. people actually knew his name outside of our fair country. But enough about politics... I'm pretty much politicked out for the next little while. Hopefully we won't be going to the polls again in 18 months...

What I'm WAY more excited about is the fact that my Seattle Seahawks are going to the Superbowl!! Yes, I realize that I'm not from Seattle but we do get a lot of Seattle channels so we end up catching almost all of their games. And they're pretty good. So they're my team... and I want them to pulverize the Steelers. Actually no, both of yesterday's divisional championship games were so one-sided that I was actually falling asleep. What does a girl have to do to watch a really EXCITING football game... where both teams actually SHOW UP to play?? I'm hoping against hope that the Superbowl will be entertaining... the last few years have been kind of blah...

Dang... what am I going to do with my weekends after the football season's over???

Comments on "Ah... Election Day..."

 

post a comment