2006 already??
| I think my mother was right. Time really does fly faster as you get older. 2005 just whooshed right by... it was a good year though. Finished my Masters degree, got myself a job, spent another year with my wonderful boyfriend, and took up knitting... I guess I'm supposed to make a New Year's Resolution or something. Actually, I think it's more of a lifestyle change. I need to commit myself to going to the gym regularly (and train for the Sun Run), start socking away some major cash so I can buy a new car and an apartment before I'm old and grey, and make more time for my friends. I also need to clean out all my closets and seriously trash some stuff; the clutter is driving me NUTS, and I have nobody to blame but myself. I have no idea why I'm so freakin' messy but it has to stop. Time to minimize and organize. I also need to stop buying stuff. Because a.) I can't spend any money, and b.) I have no room for stuff. So I'm on a major yarn and fabric and clothing diet. Except for gifts (hard to make a baby sweater if you have no baby-appropriate yarn), and essentials (I need socks... mine are falling apart). So those are my plans for this year. I'd also like to start reading. You know, books? Not textbooks that I have to slog through for a class, actual books. Fiction books. For pleasure. Heck, even non-fiction. As long as it doesn't have exercises at the end of each chapter, I'll read it. I did start with the reading today, though. I read Brokeback Mountain, the short story by Annie Proulx that inspired the movie. Even though I've already seen the movie, I found the story captivating and very well written; I think I might have to find more works by this author. Besides, I can actually find *time* to read short stories!!!! One last thing I'd like to commit to for the new year is keeping better track of all my crafting projects and blogging more regularly. Because my memory just isn't as good as I think it is!!! And finishing my WIPs. OK, that's never going to happen.. but a girl can dream, right?? |





Comments on "2006 already??"
post a comment