Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Oh my god, it's really almost over...

... my three years as a grad student, that is. Yes, tomorrow's the day. Finally. At this point I'm not even nervous, I'm just looking forward to it being over (and souvlaki at my favorite pub, followed by a little bowling afterwards!). I can almost feel the constant stress lifting off my shoulders... surely to be replaced by something else... like finding a JOB... minor issue. But soon my free time will really be free time, and I won't constantly be thinking that I *should* be doing work. I have been waiting for that feeling for a long time now. Even more than that, I REALLY am looking forward to some stress-free chill-out time with the sister, who finishes her semester next week. And my actual vacation... :-) I can hardly wait... time to actually ENJOY summertime in this city... and I do plan to actually *make* it into the city for reasons other than work. There's a Rodin exhibit at the Art Gallery that I absolutely HAVE to check out, plus my yearly pilgrimages to Playland and Granville Island. And of course some green tea ice cream and people-watching on Robson street.... OK, I can't think about any of that until tomorrow afternoon.

Comments on "Oh my god, it's really almost over..."

 

Blogger Nadia said ... (9:21 p.m.) : 

I totally know what you mean about the ever-present stress of school. I've been free for almost a week and it's been great not to worry about the next paper!

I have free tix to Rodin if you want to meet up and bum around the city. I haven't seen it yet either.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 a.m.) : 

Congratulations to your stress-free, school-free new life! It sounds wonderful, I have 4 more months (hopefully) and then! Think of all the knitting time!

 

Blogger sapphyre said ... (3:26 p.m.) : 

Hmm... free tix.. sounds good to me!

I'm so excited about all the time for knitting... reading... sleeping... cooking... doing anything that doesn't involve hours in front of my computer!!!

 

post a comment