Saturday, July 30, 2005

Whoo hoo - something to drool over...

Got the new IKEA catalogue a couple days ago:


Now I can totally daydream of my own yuppy apartment where everything matches! One day... one day... And the coolest thing I found in there so far (I've only gotten through Bedrooms and Living Rooms) is this:

A ROUND bed!!! HAHA. Love it. But wherever does one buy sheets for such a thing?? :-)

I finished my Mosaic Mitts last night. Well, all except weaving in the seeming millions of ends. I turned the one inside out and discovered that the wrong side actually looks pretty cool!


I also finished the first sleeve of my second (stashbusting) ribby cardi. I thought I'd done all the colour changes with the utmost of care until I discovered a HOLE, right near the cuff:


Nothing serious. But I'll still probably go back and darn it together later. The second sleeve will have NO holes, I assure you. Granted, I'm only an inch and a half into it, but I'll just have to be extra careful. I'm rather enjoying the Bernat Satin though. I'm not having any problems with the splittyness, and it is rather soft. I might have to use it for an afghan in the future... oh wait, I still have my other afghan to finish. Ya, I should get on that.

But no... I finished one item, so I of course have to jump right into another one. Remember that yellow tank top that I made?? Well, as I was seaming the shoulders, I decided that I didn't quite like it. It was just too... PLAIN. I mean, for plain tank tops, you go to Smart Set. Especially right now with the sales and such. You don't knit them. So I decided that all that Microspun needed to be reborn into something else. An Orangina to be precise. Definitely not plain, but a surprisingly easy lace pattern to memorize. This should keep me occupied for a long while:


Comments on "Whoo hoo - something to drool over..."

 

post a comment