Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The real downside of all this rain

I've now gotten used to soggy pantlegs every day. Boiling my drinking water is pretty much a habit now. You know, this constant rain/murky reservoirs thing is almost bearable. Except ONE thing. I can't take a bloody BATH!. Ok, technically, bathing in our tapwater is still considered safe, seeing as they still haven't found any nasty bacteria in there, but still. The other day, I turned on the tap to run a bath, went to finish my breakfast, and when I got back, the bathwater was so gross I couldn't force myself to immerse myself in it. So I drained the tub and had a shower instead. Yes, I realize it's the exact same water, but somehow when you can't SEE how cloudy it is, it's not SO bad. Still, I think I used a whole bar of soap just to make sure I stay clean. But then I had to rinse so that kinda didn't work out.

I'm becoming much more appreciative of the fact that MOST of the time, we have beautiful, clean, clear, safe water to drink. And this too shall pass. Hopefully.

In the meantime, what better way to warm up after a soggy commute than curling up under an afghan? Oh wait, I don't HAVE an afghan! Yet another gaping hole in my knitting efforts, it seems. No tuque, and no blanket. Well, I'm still no further on the whole tuque business, but....


It's the beginning of a Log Cabin Blanket, as described in Mason-Dixon Knitting (which rocks, btw). I'm using yarn from four different wool-blend sweaters (total cost, about $14 CDN from Value Village), plus a couple other leftover balls of yarn in the same colour family.


This is as far as I got on Saturday morning (while watching What Not To Wear reruns). I've actually done two and a half more rounds of strips, so it's big enough that it actually keeps me warm while I work on it! (Which is the best part of knitting blankets, I've decided).


Still have to work on that tuque though...

Comments on "The real downside of all this rain"

 

post a comment