Thursday, July 27, 2006

I finished something!

Bah, whoever thought a pair of socks would take so bloody long. And they're ankle socks no less! I'd have to look in my notebook, but I think I started these two months ago. And FINALLY finished them the day before yesterday!


Oh well, they're done now! I suppose I should give them to my sister, since she's the one who looked into my sock yarn goody bag and picked out this ball! (It's Regia Cotton Tip and Top colour, by the way.... and I LOVE it. So soft and comfy.)

Let's see, what else? Well, I've managed to NOT start any new projects in about a week. This is good. And I've even made some progress on the projects that I started the week before. I had a nasty case of startitis. A particularly virulent strain. It even extended into other areas of crafting... I started a freakin' cross-stitch project it was so bad. I haven't cross-stitched since I was about 12. Thought it was granny-esque. But suddenly it seems cooler. Anyways. Back to the knitting.

I've done 2/3 of a sweater in just over a week! A hooded cabled sweater! And it's green! (Can you tell I'm excited?) It's the Central Park hoodie from the current KnitScene magazine. Easy enough that I can work on it while watching TV (So You Think You Can Dance, anyone?), but not so boring that I lapse into a coma. Because that just wouldn't be good at all.


I really love the twin cables going up the spine:




And, because it is rather warm out and knitting with wool isn't always particularly fun, I'm working on Camisa (from KnitScene) in some recycled (of course) cotton. So far, it's a quick knit, although I know that if I were to knit this again, I'd make the waist panel shorter and add in some waist shaping...



OK, enough knitting talk. I need to go outside and enjoy the SUNSHINE!!!

Comments on "I finished something!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:49 p.m.) : 

I love your CPH. What kind of yarn did you use and what size did you make? I have started mine 3 times but it seems too small out of cascade 220. Thanks

 

Blogger sapphyre said ... (3:01 p.m.) : 

I used KnitPicks Wool of the Andes, which should be comparable to C220. As for the size, I think it was the 36" size (don't have the mag in front of me - my chest size is 34", so whatever size is closest to that is what I made).

When I was knitting it, the pieces all seemed to be WAY too narrow, but I've blocked wool enough times to know that I'd likely be able to work some magic at the end. Sure enough, it worked perfectly! (Wool is a wonderful thing!!)

I'd suggest blocking a swatch of your Cascade to see just how much much you can block it width-wise. Good luck!

 

Blogger Diane said ... (10:04 a.m.) : 

Do you have the pattern available?? I cant find the mag and I love this sweater.

Thanks in advance.

You can email me at hookyneedlefingers@gmail.com.

 

post a comment