And she's back!
| Ah. After a hot, busy summer, I'm back! And knitting up a storm, of course. It's monsooning here in Vancouver, which means that I need new sweaters to keep me warm (even when wet... seriously, umbrellas are completely useless today and I refuse to get one of those bright yellow rain slickers..) My current sweater-in-progress is a fairly straight-forward ribbed panel sweater that I found in the Fall 2002 issues of Vogue Knitting. ![]() This picture is at least a week old.. I'm actually just finishing up the collar now and should be seaming tonight! As you can tell from the picture, the yarn is Patons Decor (in Claret); it's my first time using this yarn, but so far, I'm loving it (especially for the price... I got it on sale for $3.49 or something six months ago... 6 balls, under $25 for a wool-blend sweater... gotta love it). It's mildly splitty, but since my needles aren't too pointy, so it's really not a problem for me! This thing should be nice and cooshy and warm when I'm done with it! Let's see, what else... oh ya, SOCKS!!! Because it would just be wrong if I didn't have a pair of socks on the go! ![]() This is my first pattern from SockBug... So far, I'm loving it! I'm finding cabling at such a fine gauge a little fiddly, but I love the result so much that I don't mind! This picture is also about a week old. I have the first sock done now, and the second sock is about 3 inches done. These are going to be sweet when they're done! :-) OH YA. I'm going to learn how to spin! I was at the PNE over the summer and at the little farmer's market thingy there was a woman spinning... so of COURSE I had to walk over and talk to her.... she sent me home with a bag of roving and her very last drop spindle. I've started learning, but I think I'm going to need some in-person instruction... so I signed up for a spinning class! It starts next Wednesday and I'm SO excited! :-) A.) New fibre hobby, and B.) maybe some new fibre friends! ![]() OK, that's it for now! Next time I should have a finished sweater to show off! |








Comments on "And she's back!"
post a comment