Tuesday, July 04, 2006

It's done!

Finally, after way too much seaming (and way too much time languishing in my knitting basket, my yellow baby sweater is finally done!!!!



Pattern: Ballerina Top
Source: Quick Baby Knits by Debbie Bliss
Size: 6-12 mos
Yarn: Microspun in eye-searing yellow

I knit the pattern exactly as is, which requires knitting the front edge border and shawl collar separately and then sewing it on, which was just too much effort. I'll probably make this sweater again, but I'd pick up stitches around the front edges and neck and then use short row shaping to create the collar. Different construction, slightly different look, WAY less seaming.

It's cute though, isn't it?? I was going to give it away, but now I love it so much I'm going to keep it for my own kid, should I ever decide to have one.

So we have one FO for the week! Now, if I'm REALLY productive, I should be able to finish Starsky, my snowboarding socks, my elephant from LMKG and my pink pinwheel baby sweater by the end of next weekend. Wouldn't that be something! (Of course, true to form, I'll likely cast on about 6 new projects within an hour of finishing the last of that list... and so the vicious cycle continues!)

Now whyever did I decide to knit a freaking cardigan out of 100% Shetland wool in the middle of summer? I'm starting to question my own sanity. And that can't be good!

Comments on "It's done!"

 

Blogger Kim in Oregon said ... (1:44 p.m.) : 

Hi...I read your post at KR about the new Vogue knitting (the preview) and it seems like we like the same things...so I thought I'd drop by your blog to say hi! HI!!

 

Blogger Alliesw said ... (7:06 p.m.) : 

I love that sweater--so beautifully done--lucky baby, whichever one gets it! And I lobve yellow; the more eyesearing the better!

 

post a comment