Took a while to get here, but summer is finally in full swing! And unlike last summer, I'm not stuck inside working on a bloody Master's thesis every day. I actually have free time!
And what does a girl like me do with all this spare time? Well, I spent last weekend in Calgary, for one thing! Big BIG party with my boyfriend's family (this was the first time in 4 years that I'd heard serious suggestions that it was about time we got hitched... ), and then on Sunday, we went to the final of the rodeo at the Stampede. Oooo lordy, was that ever fun! Although I realize that I now missed a prime KIPing opportunity... oh well, I was having too much fun! (Plus, spilling watered-down Budweiser on socks-in-progress is generally not advised... )
When it hasn't been too hot to even touch yarn, I have been getting a modicum of crafting done. I sewed my very first properly-finished wearable garment (just a tank top, nothin' fancy). Pics? Well... not yet. The matching pants are proving more difficult though. Stupid wide hips, large butt and small waist. (Sir Mix-a-Lot, eat your heart out.) Maybe I'll just stick to tops for now!!
I decided that maybe I should lay off the wool and knit some summer tops.. you know... before summer's over? I picked out this lovely Phildar tank top
 I had some tan cotton yarn in the stash (recycled, of COURSE), and would be further along if I didn't hate my Needlemaster needles quite so much. (I need to find a different solution for circular work on needles smaller than US Size 5... I think it's time for me to check out those new needles at KnitPicks... because I hate my Needlemasters with a vengeance and my dear Denises don't come that small!).
 I've actually got more like 4 inches at the moment, but progress is slow. Of course, the fact that I have like four other knitting projects on the go (never mind sewing) might have something to do with that too!
Oh YA! I did finish stuff! It had been a long while since I'd actually completed a major project, so I'm super excited to finally have Starsky off the needles. (OK, It's not quite done yet, I need to finish the belt and put on belt loops. But it's too hot to work on it right about now.)
 I also whipped up the Pinwheel Baby Sweater from Elann.com out of some recycled pink cotton I had in my stash.

Took me about four evenings of work. Which made a nice contrast to Starsky, which had been dragging on for two months!
Next installment, I promise I'll put up some pics of my current projects... I'm super excited about them! And I'm stashbusting. Yay!
Now I need to find me a cold beverage before I melt. |
Comments on "Ah.... summer!"
post a comment