Thursday, May 18, 2006

Pictures!!!

This has been one of the most beautiful spring Vancouver weeks EVER. Record highs, sunshine galore... I wish I'd had more time to spend outside! I did go for a rather lovely run around False Creek this evening though. It's a good thing I didn't have any cash on me because I might not have been able to resist the FRESH fish and chips that were being sold in the marina. Now I already have a weakness for fish and chips (I highly recommend the ones at the Atlantic Trap and Gill, they're Newfie-approved!), but these ones smelled SO amazing... that mixed in with the smell of saltwater and seaweed. Oooooooooooooooooooooo. But I continued on with my run all the way to Kits beach, which of course was hella busy! I love this town.

I'm in a total knitting slump. I had like 4 projects in a row that just weren't working out, and I have NO idea what I want to knit next. So I've been knitting socks and baby things, since you can't really go wrong with either.

First up, a baby blanket with the Old Shale pattern. I got bored of this after about 2 inches, but it's so pretty that I think I'll keep going until I run out of yarn. The yarn, by the way is TLC Baby, which is my favorite acrylic baby yarn. A touch splitty, but it's nice and soft with a slight sheen. Me likey!


I finally finished my Pomatomous socks. I loved making these SO much that I was sad when I was done. I guess I might just have to make another pair sometime. But there are so many other fun sock patterns to try.


I also made my dear mum a pair of Vine Lace socks (from Socks, Socks, Socks) for Mother's Day. I hate all these Hallmark holidays, but it was a good excuse to cook her some dinner and knit her some socks. I whipped these up out of my trusty Paton's Kroy and after frogging about 3 times, I finally got the pattern stuck in my head. And here they are:

Crappy pic, but I was trying to get a quick shot before my mum came in the room and saw them. Of course, I could have taken a picture of them on her feet after I gave them to her... but I'm not that smart!

I'm also making another one of those oh-so-adorable elephants from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts for yet another baby. I guess I'm at that age when everybody around me starts breeding. Which means I'll just keep knitting baby things. Because I can't seem to find a pattern that works for ME right about now. But I'm not bitter.

Comments on "Pictures!!!"

 

post a comment