Friday, May 12, 2006

Mother's Day Socks DONE!!

Ok, I PROMISE I'll post pictures this weekend! I finished my socks for my mum this very morning, I hope she likes them! I made the Vine Lace pattern from Socks, Socks, Socks, with some Paton's Kroy in Vista Sea. The colourway definitely blurs the stitch pattern a bit, but when it's actually on the foot, it looks pretty nice IMHO. (Of course, if I actually posted pictures, y'all could see for yourselves... but alas, it's been one of THOSE weeks.) I'm sure my mum will love them - after I started knitting socks, she told me that the only presents I was allowed to give her were hand-knit socks: we're extremely light on the whole gift-giving, but both my mum and sister have basically been begging me for socks since Christmas, when I gave them each a pair. It feels great to have your crafting appreciated! And I am more than happy to comply with the sock requests!!

In other news, I'm back on a frogging spree. Somehow, I seem to have a knack for picking projects that just don't quite work out for whatever reason. The twist top from VK Sp/Su 2005 makes my torso look very boxy, my cowboy hat is looking rather wonky (although I think I might finish it and see if it doesn't improve with the floral wire and a bit o' starching), and my spiral scarf sort of looks like a sparkly log o' poo. I'd started thinking that to myself a couple weeks ago, but then my sister said something yesterday, and that just confirmed that the scarf was just not meant to be. In that yarn. In that colour. So the ball-winder will be busy this weekend!

Which means that the only WIPs I have on the needles at the moment are that Starmore cabled wrap (I have like 2 inches done and haven't touched it in 3 months. I'll be a grandmother by the time I'm done. And seeing as I have no children at the moment, that's saying something) and an Old Shale baby blanket that I'm furiously working on for a friend who gave birth like 3 weeks ago. Pretty pattern, like the yarn, blankets just take a while! And then I think I'll make another one of those oh-so-adorable stuffed elephants from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts... hopefully that'll make up for the fact that I haven't seen said friend since before she got pregnant (we live about 2 hours apart, and she's more of a close friend of a close friend, but still, I have no excuse)

And all THAT means that I get to cast on something in the next few days... but what? But what?

Comments on "Mother's Day Socks DONE!!"

 

post a comment