Saturday, April 01, 2006

Less knitting, more running!

Ya, so I know I haven't been around much lately... you see... every once in a while there come these times in my life where things CHANGE. Well, more like I change. Sometimes it's a slow gradual thing, almost imperceptible to all but my closest friends, sometimes it's really quite a sudden thing. This time, it's been more one of those sudden things. What changed? I became one of those pesky "active" Vancouverites. Gym at 6 am? Running along the False Creek seawall after work? IN THE RAIN?? I don't know what snapped inside my head somewhere, but I'm so loving this whole exercising thing. I mean, I always liked weight training, and I could tolerate the elliptical from time to time, but now I ENJOY running?? What is WRONG with me??

And I've started reading BOOKS. You know, those things with all the pages and the words and the shiny covers? Yes. Books. That are not textbooks. Or how-to books. NOVELS. Actual, full-length novels. I'm almost embarrassed to say how long it's been since I was a regular devourer of books. I'd forgotten just how much I love reading. And how dull most TV is in comparison... (except the NCAA basketball tournament... that is GOOD stuff)

So the bottom line is, I've been so busy doing all these other things that i've barely had time to knit! Well, that's not entirely true. That moss stitch toddler hoodie has come a long way, I'm actually on the hood (wheeee), and I just bound off my Cozy shawl today (wheeee)... now if I would just get off my lazy butt and take pictures... that would be a good thing.

Soon. I promise.

Comments on "Less knitting, more running!"

 

post a comment