Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Ohmilord, I finished stuff!

The only thing better than one FO is two FOs on the same day!!

First up, I finally finished the Cozy shawl from Knitty. It's my new morning wrap... somehow it feels so much more elegant than just throwing on a giant hoodie or a cardigan... I really should get a picture of the thing. Oh well, in the meantime, here's a closeup of the pattern.




I also finally finished my cotton mesh shopping bag (yay for cheap-ass mega balls of cotton at the grocery store!) I'm definitely going to make a couple more, but I think I'll tinker with the pattern a bit. I'd rather knit it in the round than have to seam the sides at the end. I just have to figure out how best to cast on to do it (I also don't want to have to seam the bottom... I figure the less seams I have, the stronger it'll be, and the way I shop, that's important!)



Best part of the day? New BOOKS!! I went out and bought the new SnB Crochet the other day... non-ugly crochet! Who knew! I may have to get out my hooks and give some of the projects a go. While I was at Chapters, I was also browsing the craft magazine section and I noticed a little magazine called Sandra from Europe. I flipped through it and actually found a few patterns that I think I'd rather like to make. The instructions look, well, European (ie. brief, not spelling out every little thing...) so we'll see how it goes... as long as there are no errors, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to figure it out. (I can just see my BF asking me "so how many degrees does it take to knit a sweater?", at which point he'll get a knitting needle in a tender spot). My last find of the week was the infamous Loop-d-Loop, which I found at Book Warehouse for $21 CDN. Wouldn't have bought the thing for the $45 which Chapters charges, but for $21, I'll take it!!



So what's left? Oh ya, my WIPs. Technically, I have 3, but one is about to be frogged, and one sits in the basket unattended to, so I'm only actually working on one, which would be my Debbie Bliss Moss Stitch toddler hoodie, which is nearing completion.



Soon I'll be able to cast on for something new... can't wait!!

Comments on "Ohmilord, I finished stuff!"

 

post a comment