Sunday, March 12, 2006

Yay for organization...

A few weekends ago (wow, that "lazy blogger" theme keeps reappearing), I finally decided that it was time to sit down with my stash and see what I all had, since I'm definitely not allowed to buy any more yarn until I make a LARGE dent in it. With the help of my good friend Ziploc (well, actually his lesser known cousin Western Family, who puts out just the right size zip-top bag for my uses), I gathered all the yarn of each type together, found a pattern that I thought would work, photocopied it, and stuck everything together in little "kits". It's amazing how much you can get done in an hour of work... now my stash is, for the most part, organized, I have projects picked out, and everything is neatly packaged and ready for casting on... this makes me very happy. I'm actually getting excited about some of my projects, I can't WAIT to finish some of my WIPs and get started on something new, probably a sweater. Or maybe not. I'm unpredictable sometimes :-)

Here's my assortment of kits all sprawled out on the floor.



And here it is all nestled up beside the couch behind the lamp and the lounger so it's not in anybody's way and easily accessible by me...



There's really quite a lot in there. Six or seven sweaters/jackets, two summer tops, a couple scarves, my very first laceweight shawl (definitely looking forward to that), and some other miscellaneous projects. I just want to start them ALL. Now if only the rest of my apartment was so tidy.

Comments on "Yay for organization..."

 

post a comment