Friday, September 16, 2005

OK, so I'm back!

OK, so I'm the lamest blogger in the world, I can admit it... Well, it's a little difficult to upload pictures/blog when you don't have a computer at home... so that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!

So, I had a birthday, which was good as usual. My biggest present was from my mum - a new COMPUTER, which should hopefully be up and running within a few days. My second biggest present (from my boyfriend)was this:



which was PERFECT because my blue lounge chair has been occupied with this


For like 3 months. Three lovely knit sweaters. Three zippers. Three zippers not attached to the sweaters. Three unfinished zipperless sweaters. And after painstakingly hand-sewing in a the zipper on my first knit sweater, I really was dreading the rest. Until now. Of course, I've had the thing for two weeks and haven't actually put in those zippers... because now I have a whole new hobby.. sewing!!!

I literally haven't touched a sewing machine since 8th grade, so I figured that a reference manual was in order. While browsing the Book Warehouse by my work, I came across this:


Lots of pictures. I like pictures. And lots of tips and how-tos. I sense that this book will come in handy...

So (sew) of course, I had to try out my new toy. After fiddling with the tension and so forth, I made some practice stitches on some scrap fabric, and then I decided to make a prototype of a purse:


I thought it was pretty good for my first sewing attempt. It's lined and everything!!! Next project will be to make a bigger one out of some sturdy fabric... momma needs a new purse!!

As for knitting, I haven't gotten a whole lot done.... just a few socks... pics to come when I put batteries in my digicam. I have however become totally and completely sold on handmade knit socks. They are the absolute most comfortable socks I've ever owned, and they are PERFECT for wearing inside knee-high boots, especially since they absorb moisture. Now I need to make myself a pair of socks for snowboarding... and some wristies to protect the gap between my sleeve and my mitts...

Oooo... snowboarding.. let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... OK, maybe not *quite* yet. I'll give it another month before I start doing my snow dance!

Comments on "OK, so I'm back!"

 

post a comment