Friday, August 12, 2005

I'm weak!!

Well, I said I wasn't going to buy any more yarn. I lied. Ok, it wasn't a huge purchase, but sock yarn was on sale and I couldn't say no. So I bought two balls of Kroy

One ball of Paton's Classic Wool for a contrast stripe on my sister's Ribby Cardi.


I also bought two balls of TLC Cotton Plus because I wanted to try it out before making something large like a sweater with it.


I did also get two balls of Scheepjes Invicta Extra (fingering weight sock yarn) in black and white to make some houndstooth socks, but I didn't get a picture.

The Cotton Plus has already begun morphing into the Lace Leaf Scarf from Vogue Knitting Sp/Su 2005 (#35). Apparently I'm on a green leafy scarf kick! Oh well, they'll look GREAT with my bright yellow coat!

Speaking of Vogue Knitting, I'm ITCHING to get my fall edition in the mail. Everybody else on the net seems to have theirs already and I need to know what the hype is all about!! I thought the point of subscribing to a magazine was to get it before it came out on stands... maybe I'll have to go peruse the magazine aisle of the London Drugs today, I'm pretty sure they'll have it!!!

One magazine that I did purchase this month is InStyle.

I was leisurely flipping away while having a long bath and lo and behold, there are some nice knitted items in it! First of all, I found two Fair Isle sweaters that look oh-s0-comfy.



And then there was the whole page on big sweaters. Those look sooooooooooo ultra comfortable. Of course by the time I actually knit something that big it would be spring... still... I might have to find a pattern for something similar. I had a blue fleece sweater coat that I lived in until some b**ch stole it. I think I might have to knit myself a replacement... of course it would cost significantly more than the $9.99 US I paid for the original at an outlet mall in Las Vegas!!!


Ah. I have all my knitting packed for my vacation. Orangina, that lace scarf, all the yarn for a black and pink Ribby Cardi, and some sock yarn. Something tells me I won't run out of stuff to knit! Because that would just be a tragedy! Well, at least when I return in a week, I should have some good progress photos and maybe a couple of finished items!

Time to RELAX!! I thought I'd get a lot of relaxing time this past week but no... I've been out at a BBQ or a dinner pretty much every day for the last week! All that eating is exhausting!!! :-) Time for some downtime with no cell phone, no internet, no cable... and LOTS of sunscreen!

Comments on "I'm weak!!"

 

post a comment