Monday, March 26, 2007

Spring is here!

Finally. It feels like spring around here! Like happy spring! Not yucky, rainy, soppy spring. Beautiful, happy spring! Of course, this will last another day before it starts pouring again, but still, I'm ENJOYING it.

I got my garden all ready to go; I put the last of my sprouts into their new homes so hopefully in a few months I'll have tomatoes, peppers, basil, rosemary, oregano, and some lovely sweet peas and dahlias to look at! :-) I suck at gardening, but I do rather enjoy it!

As for knitting, progress has been painfully slow, as my dance classes are taking up a whole lot of time (in a good way), and I've been working lots.

I finished my green pair of Pomatomus socks, but my sister ran off with them before I could take a picture.... I don't think she's taken those things off for a week. Which is kinda gross. Good thing they can be chucked in the machine!

I did start a springy top... Orangina from Glampyre in Mandarin Petit. With my Knitpicks Options circs, this project is going to fly along... although I realized that I don't have enough yarn to finish; I'll have to pop by the yarn store on Saturday morning.



Oh, and I have lots of lovely sock yarn to ogle now. I went on a little fiber field trip to Seattle with two of the girls from my spinning class (hi!) and among other things, picked up some purty sock stuff. The first is from the Great Adirondack Yarn Company. It's purpleish.



And then I got some Bearfoot that I've been curious about for some time. Whaddya know, it's purpleish too. Definitely a trend. I got Sweet Georgia in a purpleish colourway. My Townsend socks swap partner got me purpleish yarn... what? I like purple!



I do have non-purple yarn too. (While I like purple for socks, I don't know how I would feel about a purple sweater... something about looking like a walking grape doesn't appeal all that much...) As proof of non-purpleness, here's my progress on the Cable Down Raglan from the current IK (hey, that's two Stephanie Japel projects going on!)



Nice and quick. But not too boring. Good TV knitting. Plus I haven't made a sweater in MONTHS. It's time.

And now for the most shameful part of my post: the neglected WIPs. The back corner of my living room is currently occupied by two rather large tote bags filled with blankets in progress. They're fun to work on, but there's something about spring that makes knitting afghans rather less appealing than it normally would be... hopefully these poor blankies don't languish unloved and unfinished until next fall... that would just be sad.



OH YA. I'm going to Europe. For a month. Next week. So excited. And in true knitterly fashion, I'm more stressed about a.) packing knitting projects, and b.) trying to find a way to knit on British Airways than I am about anything else. Seriously, me on a plane for 9 hours with no knitting???? That's a rather stressful thought. Eek.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Spring is here!"

 

Blogger Nadia said ... (1:30 p.m.) : 

I just hate to have so many large projects that need to be finished. One day I'll sit down and do them all!

Maybe when you get back we can have a Finishing Up The UFOs party.

 

post a comment