Thursday, February 22, 2007

My Saturday morning project

It looks like a garden-variety pill-case...


but it's really my very own custom lipstick palette!


I never knew that 20 minutes of scraping out old lipstick tubes, mixing and matching the broken bits, and nuking them for 5 minutes would be so fun. Seriously, I was surprised at just HOW MUCH product is left in the bottom of the tube after you're supposedly done. It's like half the bloody stick. So I estimate that I have about $40 worth of lipstick in my little container there. And (bonus), I had a few colours that were too dark/too bright/too brown to actually look good on me (come on, I KNOW you all have makeup mistakes languising in your drawers), but with a bit of blending I now have seven new colours that I LOVE.
Now I just have to keep reminding myself to NOT go to London Drugs and buy any MORE lipstick. LOL.

Comments on "My Saturday morning project"

 

post a comment