Monday, February 05, 2007

Happiness is...


Brand new socks, Log Cabin blanket in progess, cold beer, and football. What more could a girl want?? (Well, besides an instant 15-pound weight loss, a shopping spree and Brad Pitt... LOL)

The socks are my plain ol' 52-stitch toe-up heel flap socks made out of Meilenweit Cotton Fantasy. These are SO comfy! :-) And super fast to make too. I haven't made myself any cotton-blend socks in a long time.

Here's a closeup of the socks... sometimes self-striping is fun! :-) I even managed to get them to match exactly... if you look really closely, you can see a little mini-stripe of bright blue right at the bottom of the ankles. I had to add an extra row after the gusset increases to make sock #2 match sock #1, and now they look the same!


So of course what happens after I finish one pair of socks??? Cast on two more pairs of course!

On the left is a new pair of Pomatomus(es) in Sisu, and on the right is a pair of Jaywalkers in SWTC Tofutsies (so soft.. I hope these are awesome when they're all knit up!!!)

Well, time to go watch 24 and work on my socks!!!

Labels:

Comments on "Happiness is..."

 

post a comment