Thursday, February 15, 2007

Did I mention that I love knitting socks??

I seriously need to learn how to survive on 4 hours of sleep so I can cram in more knitting time. The current rate of knitting progress is highly unsatisfactory. However, I'm rather enjoying all the other things that I've been occupying my time with... snowboarding... bellydancing... spending quality time with boyfriend... OK, work hasn't been *quite* as enjoyable, but it does pay the bills (and allow me to buy yarn), so I'm perfectly happy to be employed. So I guess the only thing I could cut out is sleep... except that I'm one of those people who just can't function on less than 7 hours a night. So unless I manage to clone myself, I guess my knitting progress is going to be slow, slow, slow.

Fortunately, I knit socks. And I always have a sock with me so I can steal in moments here and there. On the bus. On my lunchbreak. While waiting for dance class. For my current pair, I'm revisiting Grumperina's Jaywalkers in a super fun yarn - SWTC Tofutsies (come on, with a name like that, you just knew that I had to buy some). So far, I'm loving it. Nice and soft, pretty colours, not too splitty. And as for the pattern, I skipped the ribbing in favour of a three-row garter cuff... should give me a nice shape for the top of the leg. I can't wait to wear these things.. I have a feeling these are going to become my new favorite summer socks!



Oh crap, I forgot to take a picture of my Arctic Lace stole... I'm now about a quarter of the way through and still loving every minute of it. I can't WAIT to have it done and blocked, I think it'll look faaaaaaaaaaaaabulous.
And I realized that spring is around the corner, so I'll have some more things to do: spring cleaning... and gardening! Almost time to start some seeds so that they'll be established by the time I leave for my big Europe vacation. (Hopefully boyfriend remembers to water the bloody things...)
I looked out onto my balcony, and look!


Something actually survived our snowy freezing couple of weeks! I hadn't expected anything to come back quite so soon... SWEET. I guess this means I should actually GO out there and clean up a bit. LOL.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Did I mention that I love knitting socks??"

 

post a comment