Friday, March 02, 2007

My new friend


This is Quacker the Thesis Duck! Why a Thesis Duck, you ask?? Well, my boyfriend saw a picture of this little dude in Fiona Ellis' Knitted Toys and asked me to knit him a thesis duck so he would be reminded not to duck his PhD thesis... of course I said yes, and 5 months later, here he is! (And the thesis is almost done). I really should have been finished this guy in October, but I hate seaming, so he languished in the sewing basket all this time. Finally decided to finish him off! I knit him out of Lion Brand Microspun (splitty, but soft), and stuffed him with this Ingeo eco-friendly stuffing that I found at Walmart that's a bit softer than regular polyfill, so he's JUST the right amount of squishy squooshy. I gotta knit more toys... they're just so danged CUTE!!!

Oh, and I'm wearing a brand new pair of socks! I finished the Jaywalkers I was making with that new Tofutsies yarn and I'm SO happy with the final result! Cozy, soft, and I kinda like the funky striping/pooling that happens with this yarn. I don't have a picture yet, but I will soon. I'm DEFINITELY making more socks out of this yarn. Of course I haven't thrown it in the wash yet, so we'll see how it holds up. But so far, so good.

And of course, since I finished two projects, I had to cast on more of course (instead of finishing the dozen other projects I have on the needles already)... I'm hopeless.

Labels: ,

Comments on "My new friend"

 

Blogger Nadia said ... (12:37 p.m.) : 

So cute!

 

post a comment