Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Work gets in the way of crafting

Yet another month passes with no blog entry... I've been busting my butt at work, that's my excuse.

Also, the dark, dreary Vancouver weather is really killing my mojo for taking pictures of my current projects. When you need a flash to take a picture at high noon, it's just not right.

OK, I know, I just need to suck it up and take some progress pics. Since my last post, I've finished two pairs of socks (yes, two pairs, not two socks), and started another. My log cabin blanket is progressing nicely. It's so cold in my apartment these days, that I grab my blanket to work on just so I can snuggle under it. :-)

Let's see. What else. The neverending stashbusting acrylighan is progressing. Not NEARLY as fast as I'd like. But I will persevere. Because once that's done, I'll have purged my stash of almost all my crappy acrylic bought in my first 3 months of knitting. After that it'll be mostly natural fibres. I've been stashing wool for sweaters, some cotton for dishcloths, and lots of fibre to spin up.

OH MY. Speaking of spinning, I still haven't posted a pic of my wheel! I don't even think I've mentioned my wheel! After taking my spinning class, I decided that I had to get a wheel, and after quite a bit of research (and checking my bank balance), I decided to get one of the Fricke folding wheels. I've had it for about a month now, haven't gotten to spin nearly as much as I would have liked to (you know how things get this time o' year), but so far, I love her. :-D My poor boyfriend has already gotten used to the slight whirring sound, although he did notice that the wheel is slightly out of alignment. So I guess I'll have to fiddle with it and see if I can get that straightened out. And then I can finish spinning the yarn for BF's Christmas tuque, which he's very excited about!

Ok, pictures soon. I promise!

Labels:

Comments on "Work gets in the way of crafting"

 

post a comment