Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Fall is DEFINITELY here!

Well, if I didn't know fall was here before, I definitely know it's here now... I dug out my very favorite Anthropologie wool hat and my mosaic wristwarmers this past weekend to stave off the early morning chills. On the bright side, I have three nice new cardigans to wear... I suppose I should finish the last bits of zipper installation and take pictures of me wearing the bloody things... and block my sister's cardigan too. But I'm so LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYY!! Well, not so much lazy as crafting ADD - of course I just *had* to start some more projects... because that's what I do.

In the stashbusting/try a new technique/quick project category, we have the lovely Short Row Rib Scarf from MagKnits. I was just surfing for patterns and thought that this would be perfect to use up my two balls of Softee Chunky that had been staring at me from my stashbucket. So two days later, we have:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Love it. Might just make more.

Next, I dug out all my bags of half-unravelled thrift store sweaters from under my bed, and found some DK-weight tan cotton. I decided that it would be perfect to do #30 from Pildar Tendances Spring 2005... I've wanted this sweater since I first saw it! And now I'm making it... most of it is rather mindless reverse stockinette, but that makes it easy to knit and watch football at the same time. Because really, what's better than plunking down on the couch on a Sunday with a beer and a sweater-in-progress and watchin' some NFL action?? Not many things, in my books!!!

Dang, time to turn up the HEAT in this place... I'm so cold that my fingers have a slight blue tinge to them. That can't be good. Need a nice mug o' tea and a BLANKET!!

Comments on "Fall is DEFINITELY here!"

 

post a comment