Thursday, October 13, 2005

Wow, I'm the laziest blogger ever.

Blogs are rather boring if people don't post, eh?? I really have no excuse, but if I had to give one, it's that I've been too busy crafting! Really! That's the problem with having two crafting hobbies... more stuff to do!!!!

Last night while watching The Apprentice: Martha Stewart, I got busy and made a little clutch out of an old robe and some leftover felt. It was my first time sewing in piping, but it was easier than I thought!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's a little uneven, but I don't care! I LOVE it! Now to figure out what to do with the rest of the fabric...

I also finished my sister's ribby cardi. I even added a hood as requested. Just made it up, too lazy to go find a pattern. Besides, it's a hood. How hard can it be? Turns out not hard at all.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's the front view - I just love the combo of black with pink accents. And so does my sister, go figure!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I finally found a use for my yummilicious bulky alpaca yarn that I bought in Victoria a few months back: a large openwork scarf! I snatched the pattern from a wrap in Vogue Knitting's Spring/Summer 2005 edition. And here it is:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ok, that's just half of it, I haven't taken a shot of the finished item, but y'all get the picture. It's SOOOOOOO soft... sheds a little but meh!

What else?? Oh ya, socks! I found a free pattern called Roman Rib Stitch Socks (I'll find the URL later), dug out my Kroy, and now I have a lovely Christmas present for my sister (the lucky girl!)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh, and I FINALLY re-made that alpaca hat for my boyfriend... I figured that since it's starting to get a little chilly out, it might be time to make the promised hat! After fiddling with the hem for a while (I co-opted the Hoover Blanket technique to get a double thickness, and did 1x1 rib on each side), the rest worked up super fast. And now it's so nice I want it back!!! Fortunately, I have just enough of the yarn left to make a headband for myself! (I'm such a selfish knitter.. but I'm OK with that!)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hmm... what else is new?? Job hunting sucks. I just want to be employed already!!! With a decent paycheque and an office.... is that too much to ask?? On the bright side, a job *just* got posted today that I really want... it's always MUCH easier to write a cover letter when you a.) have all the skills listed in the posting, and b.) REALLY REALLY REALLY want the job. Besides, job = more funds for crafting.... MOOOHAHAHAHAHA... now that's motivation! Although I really am enjoying the thriftiness of recycling sweaters and buying fabric at Value Village... it's just so CHEAP!!!

Ok, time to write a cover letter and get me a JOB!!!!

Comments on "Wow, I'm the laziest blogger ever."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:36 a.m.) : 

Bless your heart!!! Hope you get that JOB soon, or that you allready have, and by the way, COOOOLLLLLLL sweater, your sister is lucky!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:17 p.m.) : 

Good luck with your job. Your sister's hoodie is beautiful.

 

post a comment